The County Council of Almería announces the Second International Photographic Competition on Film Locations in the province of Almería, within the framework of activities included in the 11th International Short Film Festival “Almería en Corto” which will be held between 4 – 8 December, 2012 .
1. All pictures that capture images of film locations which are totally or partially filmed in the province of Almería shall be considered. They need to follow the following slogan: ´Wind, sand and hills silence the treasures´.
2. Open to all amateurs and professionals and all nationalities over 18 years of age. Each participant may submit as many photos as desired. Photographs must have been taken between
5 – 21 October, 2012. Participants who wish to take part in this contest will have to pre-register by sending an email to email@example.com. The e-mail must contain the following subject line: “Concurso internacional de fotografía”. The content of the e-mail must include name and surname of the participant. The pre-registration deadline is 1st October, 2012.
3. Any photographic technique is eligible, black and white or colour. Any digital cameras may be used as well as any digital retouching. Photographs must be presented in digital format as jpg files -1 Mb maximum and a 300 ppp resolution. The dimensions of the pictures must be 25 x 30 cm. The photographs must be submitted as follows: the title of the work, movie of reference and location. Almeria’s County Council will develop and frame the photographs chosen for the exhibition.
4. Registration will take place online at http://www.almeriaencorto.es. Only one registration is needed for all pictures from the same participant. The registration will not be valid until the photographs provided are available to the organisation following the criteria set out in the third clause. The works will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent though the ftp indicated by the organization. Registration and submission of work will begin on October 6, 2012 and end on October 22, 2012.
5. Until the closure of the 11th International Short Film Festival ‘Almería en Corto’, the photographs submitted cannot have been published or edited totally or partially in any media, nor awarded nor involved in other competitions simultaneously. Photographs cannot have been exhibited or have exhibition or selection commitments with any public or private entity.
6. The organisation assumes that each participant who has registered his/her work owns the copyright. In any case, the organisation disclaims any liability arising from the infringement of this rule.
7. There will be a selection of all photographs submitted which will be posted on the site by the organisation on the first day of celebration of the 11th International Short Film Festival “Almería en Corto’. Dates, times and location of the exhibition will be published on the website http://www.almeriaencorto.es during the days of the festival. For this, the County Council of Almeria will be in charge of the reproduction and framing of each selected photo, which will also be displayed at a later date as a cultural and non-profit public exhibition in the province of Almeria.
A jury of photographic, artistic, and cultural professionals and organizational members with input but no vote will arrange the selection and awarding of the following prizes.
First prize: 600 Euros and a trophy.
Second prize: 300 Euros and a trophy.
Third prize: 200 Euros and a trophy.
Payment of awards will be made by bank transfer. The awards will be subject to applicable tax laws. Winners must provide a photocopy of the tax identification number, as a requirement to proceed with the bank transfer.
No special mention will be given.
The presentation of works to the jury is anonymous. Only the organisation will know the identity of the contestants.
8. The criteria for selection of photographs and awards will be based on artistic quality, originality and creativity of the work.
9. The winning photographs will become property of the County Council of Almería, with the rights of use, exhibition, reproduction and cultural and non-profit public distribution in the province of Almeria.
Exhibited but non-winning photos will become property of the County Council of Almería, with the rights of use, exhibition, reproduction and cultural and non-profit public distribution in the province of Almeria. Almería´s County Council will hold no right on unselected photographs.
10. Participation in the competition implies full acceptance of the statements of the terms and conditions. The organisation reserves the right to exclude from the event any work which does not comply with the rules or due to other reasons not covered in them.
Prizes will be awarded within the framework of the 11th International Short Film Festival
‘Almería en Corto’.
Tlf. 950 211 705 / 950 211 183